- Los Angeles
- Internet access on my 3 lb. laptop computer that I’ve fondly named “lappie”
- Dance shoes
What’s your poison?
- Brewed coffee, often decaf
- My homemade sugar-free hot cocoa (hey, I’m an athlete—you get creative with treats)
- Rich, yummy red wine—Malbec, Sangiovese, and Cab Blends in particular
- Vintage cocktails made right, like Manhattans and Sidecars. Yes, I enjoy Bourbon and Brandy and I’ve got plenty of hair on my chest to prove it.
- An only child
- usually cold
- one of the guys. Always have been.
- quite good with money
- a dual citizen of Canada
- Bathrobes. Big, fluffy, white ones
- Watching Basketball games
- Going barefoot— I’ll usually slip off my sandals in restaurants if I can be inconspicuous and the place isn’t too nice.
- Gay men
- Inclement weather when I’m indoors. The indoors part is key.
- Cigars…with much moderation, of course
- White wine
- Women who giggle
- Paying for parking. I dislike parking laws too, in fact I’ve had to talk my way out of getting ticketed at LAX on several occasions.
- Most children
- People who’ve made lots of money but are still rude and coarse. There’s a lot of that out here in LA.
- Having to call customer service for any major company and try talking to a representative. Specifically, this is Sprint, Anthem Blue Cross and my absolute favorite, Sallie Mae.
- Traveling and exploring new places. This doesn’t happen often and it’s usually starts as something other than leisure, but I still love it.
- Cooking and baking
- Biking along the beach
- Seeing the Oscar picks for each year. I don’t like spending money on bad movies, so I just wait for the Academy to tell me what’s good.
- Read music
- Paint my nails with any real skill. Seriously, I am an embarrassment to the female sex.
- Play pool. I’m awful—it’s painfully obvious I spent most of my college education either working or at a dance studio.
- Mince words. I either say it out right or not at all.
- Sing…I used to be a jazz singer in high school
- Fall asleep anywhere
- Run in heels
- Talk my way out of or into just about anything. But I don’t use my powers for evil, don’t worry.
- Check my oil and transmission fluids, pump a hydraulic car jack and change a flat tire… all in a sun dress. And yes, you do get curious looks for doing things like that.
- driven across the county
- cried while listening to exceptionally beautiful music
- huge eyes
I have never:
- been to a frat party. I just never wanted to go-- I don't drink crap and the frat boy thing just never appealed to me.
- cut my hair short
- been fired from a job
- Retail sales associates who try to get involved in my shopping experience. Ladies, I’ll ask you for a fitting room if I want one and when I’m in there half clothed, don’t start knocking on the door and asking “how are we doing?”
- Mediocre restaurants silently putting additives in their food like whipping cream, butter and lard to make their “cuisine” edible.
- Public transportation systems in big cities that don’t work.
- People who aren’t passionate about anything
People know me by:
- My walk. Hey, if you take minor scoliosis and put it through six years of Ballroom training, the posture’s pretty recognizable.
- My facial expressions.
- I sit with my legs folded “Indian style,” all the time. Even in restaurants or in a dress, if possible.
- My laugh. It’s usually quite loud and not traditionally girly—just like me!
- My casual stance is with one leg turned out, kind of like 2nd position in Ballet. I actually trip people sometimes by accident.